Cookies or device for storage and retrieval of data and terminal equipment is a file sent by a web page to the user’s browser and which is automatically stored in the user’s terminal so that the web page in question can consult the user’s previous activity and “recognize” them.
Cookies can remember other types of personal information, such as a user’s password, so you do not have to retype it each time you visit the same site, or your preferences regarding the configuration of a web page (language, resolution of screen, among others).
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of the web. Cookies cannot damage your computer and being activated helps to identify and solve errors.
In short, a cookie is nothing more than a succession of browsing data that is stored on the user’s computer and that web pages detect and recognize to “remember” that browsing.
Our own or “original” cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the page’s owner.
- Session cookies: a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page and expire at the end of the session. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this allows providing a better experience to improve the contents and make it easier to use.
- Permanent cookies: A type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie. Generally, they are used to facilitate the different services offered by the webpages.
- Third party cookies, such as those used by social networks, or external content supplements. On this website, they use the Google provider.
- Analytical cookies are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. On this website, they use the Google provider.
- Behavioural advertising cookies are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continued observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a profile to show personalized advertising. On this website, they use the Google provider.
Additional guarantees – Management of cookies: All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behaviour of a cookie or disable cookies within the settings or browser options. The steps to do it are different for each browser. You can find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode through which cookies are always deleted after the visit. Depending on the browser, this private mode can have different names. Below you can find a list of the most common browsers with a link to the configuration of cookies and the different names of this “private mode”:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above; InPrivate
- Safari 2 and above; Private browsing
- Opera 10.5 and above; Private browsing
- FireFox 3.5 and above; Private browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and above; Incognito mode